Saturday, March 14, 2009

SCRAPPIN'

Thursday was my second time attending Gloria's Scrapbooking Class, which meets monthly. I am not a scrapbooker, but I like the idea....but right now it just seems overwhelming!! Where do you start with years and years of pictures? Ahhhh!!! My brain begins to smoke and short out. Well, that all aside....I have really enjoyed going and making two 12x12 pages. Here are pictures of the pages that we made last Thursday....
The bottom picture shows the mini "album" opened. Gloria did an excellent layout job. Beautiful colors....Bordering blue (I think), So Saffron, and Chocolate Chip. We used the "Friends" Jumbo wheel as the background on the blue page....that is such a great wheel. I am going to have to add that to my "Wish List"....which I might add keeps getting longer instead of shorter!! Come to thinking about it....We also used the Eyelet border punch....ANOTHER "Wish List" addition!! LOL!!!

The flourish on the mini album was made using the Stampin' Up! Tulipe Bigz die with the Big Shot.....so lovely!!! Gloria showed us a trick to placing all the pieces.....We placed the stencil (the cut out portion) piece of cardstock on top of where we wanted the flourish and then put dots of glue in the spaces and placed the pieces of the flourish in place...kinda like a puzzle. Pressed the pieces down and then lifted off the cut cardstock. It left the flourish pieces in perfect position....so easy. GREAT tip Gloria!!!

Also, Looking at these pages.....it makes me an BIGGER fan of the Stamp-a-ma-jig. It can make the difference between a good project and a GREAT project. There were a few places on these pages where I really wished I had used a Stamp-a-ma-jig. Anymore having my images crooked and off-centered just makes me crazy. So if you don't own a Stamp-a-ma-jig...I would HIGHLY recommend one. They are totally worth buying!!!

By the way, NOW is the perfect time for purchasing some of the those items on your "Wish Lists". With Sale-A-Bration (SAB) going on you not only get what you want, but you also get some great sets for FREE! Be sure to check out the SAB catalog. Remember when ordering online, be sure designate me as your demonstrator so that you can receive the preferred pricing!!! Also, remember with each online order you receive a FREE Catalog and Idea Book, no minimum purchase is required!!

I'm going to go stamp....Find some time for stamping!!!
Blessings, Cindy

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin