Wednesday, February 18, 2009

ONE BUTTON WILL DO

Well, I haven't yet gotten to making a Mojo Monday card.....but I did get to make my card for the Splitcoast CAS (Clean and Simple) Challenge. This Monday, the second challenge (CAS02) was posted entitled "One Button Will Do".....making a card using only 1 button. I don't use buttons very often, so I had to think about how to use even the 1. It's a different card than I'm use to making, but it's beginning to grow on me....I had some serious doubts when I first made it. I was afraid it looked too much like a funeral announcement.....Yikes!

I again used the stamp set "Say It With Scriptures" and "Organic Grace" a retired Level 1 hostess set from the 2008 Fall-Winter catalog. I started with a white base and just put a black piece on top and stamped it with white craft ink. I stamped the verse in white craft ink on black and lined it with a piece of white....then I just wrapped a ribbon around twice and tied a bow. I added the one button, sewed on with white crochet thread, so that it would fit the CAS02 challenge.....and Viola!!! This card only took a few minutes to make.

Stamps: Say It With Scriptures, Organic Grace (both sets are retired)
Paper: Whisper White, Basic Black
Ink: White craft
Accessories: White satin ribbon, white button, crochet thread

I'm loving these CAS cards!!!

Find some time for stamping!!!
Blessings, Cindy

2 comments:

Karen's Angelic Impressions said...

Cindy, I love this card! It is stunning! I really like the idea of putting scripture on our cards. Karen

Cindy said...

WOW!! I really like this card. Great job.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin