Thursday, February 26, 2009

FUN AFTERNOON OF STAMPING

Today I have spent the better portion of the afternoon stamping and having a BLAST!!! I had thoughts of making something that I could submit to Stampin' Up!'s monthly challenge that they publish in their Stampin' Success magazine that comes out monthly to demonstrators (another GREAT reason to become a demo!!!). Well, I racked my brain trying to come up with something that might be at least in the running. So, when I was finished and thought "Ok, this is it....I'll make it again PERFECTLY and mail it off" I went to look up the address, etc. and realized that I would miss the deadline....since it would have to be there by tomorrow!! RATS!! Oh well, I did come up with a fairly cool card (the "rough draft") that I probably wouldn't have made otherwise.

I got the idea for the clouds a few days ago from another woman's blog....and I apologize....I have no idea what her name is or anything. I was looking at cards on Splitcoast, looked at somebody's blog and linked to her blog from their blog....do you follow? Anyway...I stole the cloud idea from somebody smarter than me! (If the woman who did the clouds comes across this post...PLEASE leave me a comment and let me know who you are!!! Thx!)

The clouds were made by punching out about 3 scalloped circles and laying the sheet of paper with the cut outs over my cardstock (like a stencil) and sponging the edges. The hills were made about the same way.... I cut a piece of paper and sponged around the cuts. The tree I stamped, cut out, and mounted with dimensionals. The tire is stamped directly on the background. This card wasn't really hard to make....just a bit time consuming....but I had the time so that is what made it FUN!








Stamps: Branch Out, All Holidays
Paper: Old Olive, Whisper White
Ink: Old Olive, Bashful blue, Riding Hood Red, Basic Black
Accessories: None really...except dimensionals, sponges

Find some time for stamping!!!
Blessings, Cindy

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin