Saturday, September 10, 2011

STOCKING PUNCH CARD

This weekend was suppose to be a quiet weekend of stamping for me....but sometimes things don't always work out like you plan. Steve was working and the kids were going to our church's high school retreat....which meant I would be "free" Friday evening and all day Saturday.

Well, Madison has been battling being sick for over a week now....we had her at the doctor's on Thursday and he was pretty sure she had mono. He had her tested for strep throat since she had a bad sore throat....but that was just to rule it out. When that did come back negative...we went in again on Friday so she could have a blood test to confirm mono. The results are not in....but long story short...she has been on the coach for 3 days now. Very weak and tired....and other classic symptoms of mono. She was VERY disappointed about not being able to go this weekend. I feel terrible for her.
Also, she is on the tennis team at school....and with her being so tired it has been really hard for her play and make it through practices, which are every day after school for a couple of hours. Anyways....we're praying that this will not hang on for much longer since this is going on the second week of her feeling crummy.

But yesterday I did spent the afternoon with my friend Jamie.....she scrapbooked and I stamped. It was GREAT!! Very relaxing and refreshing!

Here is one of the cards that I made yesterday....not a lot of stamping but I just had to use the new Stocking Builder Punch that is in the Holiday Mini....that was the main reason I even made this card :-D
The card is VERY VERY simple....pretty much ridiculously simple, but I like it. What do you think?
I used Red Glimmer paper.....which really jazzes up anything.
But because I am a cheapo....here is what I did before I adhered it...
I punched out a couple of stockings!
I just couldn't bear "wasting" all that paper in the middle ;-)

Well...it's late and I need to get to bed.
THANKS for visiting!!
Until next time....find some time for stamping!!
Hugs, Cindy

1 comment:

Lesley said...

lovley card - hope Maddison feels better soom best wishes Lelsey x

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin