Friday, April 24, 2009

FIRST PICTURES

Here are some of the first pictures of Cuddles and her new family....you can't really tell, but there are SEVEN babies in there somewhere! Not a great picture of the kittens....but I'm sure there will be plenty of opportunities in the coming weeks for some good pictures of those kittens. The kids filmed part of the birth.....but I'll spare you those pics ;-} 24 hours later Cuddles was acting pretty normal....too bad humans don't bounce back from having 7 babies so easily :-D

I'm not too adventuresome when it comes to doing different techniques.....like the ones on Splitcoast, but today I tried something new. I had some white candles from the Dollar Tree....so, I thought....why not give it a try!! Pretty good considering it was my first! It was quick and easy......that's what I like!!
I just tried to find the Stamping on Candles tutorial on Splitcoast and wasn't able to....I'm sure it's there somewhere, since that is where I got it from. Anyway....all you do is stamp on tissue paper and cut around your image. Cut a piece of waxed paper at least the same height as your candle. Place your image on your candle where you want it, put the waxed paper over it and pull the waxed paper tight. Heat up your embossing gun (heat tool) and quickly pass over your image....waving it quickly from side to side. The waxed paper will keep your candle's sides all smooth. You'll be able to tell when the image is melted into the wax...the tissue paper gets "absorbed" into the candle. Let it cool a couple of seconds and then peel off the waxed paper....Viola!!! A gift in minutes!!! I'm going to have to make more of these!!

Until next time,
Find some time for stamping!!!
Blessings, Cindy

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin