Sunday, May 9, 2010

CLUB SWAP CARD ~ COLOR RENOVATION

Hey there Stampers! Thanks for taking the time to pop in!

Today, I wanted to show you the card that I made for my stamp club swap.....I used the always-beautiful-no-matter-what-you-do Inspired By Nature stamp set. This really is such a GREAT set....very verstile!! You can't really tell from the picture...but I painted the tops of the flowers with Champagne Mist Shimmer Paint....they look REALLY PRETTY in real life!!! If you haven't bought these.....they are still available.....they're great and easy to use too!!
Since Stampin' Up! announced their Color Renovation, I have been trying to use up all my soon-to-be-retired cardstock. My card's base is Close to Cocoa. I used Lovely Lilac for the liner and the flowers....the grass is stamped with Certainly Celery and the flower leaves with Old Olive. The flower tops are with Chocolate Chip....I didn't have a Close to Cocoa marker ;-)

Just in case you've been out of touch with the world.....Stampin' Up! (SU) recently announced that they are renovating the basic color families.....and retiring a bunch of "regular" colors that have been around for a few years. I am VERY EXCITED about this new change.....I think the new color organization is going to be the FANTASTIC!!! I think SU has picked the BEST OF THE BEST colors....and what is SO COOL is that they are bringing back some retired In Colors.....and what's even COOLER is that most of the colors they are bringing back are some of my FAVORITES!!! WooHooo!!!! Anyway....click HERE to see the new color families.....and click HERE to see which colors will be retiring.

Well.....that's it for me today. Hope you come back.....I will be posting my clubs' swaps soon!

Until next time, find some time for stamping!!!

Blessings.........Cindy

PS: I should add that the sentiment is from the long ago retired stamp set Say It With Scripture. I cannot bare to ever part with this set....it is one of my favorites!! Wish they would bring that one back :-)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin