Friday, June 12, 2009

GRADUATION GIFT CARD HOLDER

Yeah!!! It's Friday!!! It's also high school graduation for my nephew today!! Here's my handsome nephew's senior picture.....
Congrats Paul!!!
Well, knowing that my nephew LOVES to eat, giving him a gift card was easy!!! What's better than a bunch of double-doubles to satisfy a never-ending appetite??!! In-N-Out Burger was the perfect choice!!

Well, looking at that gift card just got me to thinkin'! So....after thinking about what I could do, I decided to scale down the traditional criss-cross card to gift card size. It worked GREAT!!! Somebody has probably thought of this before me, but since I don't know who, I'm feelin' like Mrs. Smarty Pants! :-D Here's the finished product......
Once again it's CAS!! I started with Kraft card stock (my new favorite!!!) and used Not Quite Navy DSP. The belly-band is kraft and fastened with a SU' Designer Hardware Hooray eyelet. The "Happy Graduation" is from the NEW Teeny Tiny Wishes coming out in the new catalog.

If you're interested here are the measurements......
Cut two pieces 7-1/2" x 2-3/4" and score each piece at 3-3/4"
Cut DSP 2-1/2" x 3-3/8" (cut in two diagonally)
Belly band is 5/8" x 8-1/2" and score at 3-1/4" and 7" (these measurements puts the seam to the side....you'll need to change the scoring if you want it in the middle)
Instructions are the same as a traditional criss-cross card. If you don't know the instructions, click here.

Well, I better get going. We've got Paul's graduation this evening and then his graduation party tomorrow afternoon at 2pm. Probably won't get too much of a chance to stamp this weekend....Until next time....Find some time for stamping!!!

Blessings, Cindy

2 comments:

Lisa Atha said...

Cindy,

What a cool idea, I have never seen this version before. I like it better than the full size.
Congrats to your Nephew! Kiss the kittens for me!

Lisa A.

C said...

Beautiful choice of DP and clever use of the criss cross.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin