Sunday, February 21, 2010

BABY QUILT

Hi Stampers!

I have stamped a bit.....but what I've been working on is a baby quilt for my husband's niece and her husband who recently had a baby boy.

I bought the material and cut it out using SU's scallop square die and the big shot......I was done cutting all the material out in about an hour!!!! It makes making a rag quilt QUICK and EASY! Both of which is ideal for me since I don't have much patience for tedious tasks.

Here is a picture of the stacks of squares.....today I started sewing them together.
Making a rag quilt is EASY, especially with the help of the big shot. I'm not much of a seamstress, but making these quilts are a snap. All I do is put the material back to back (so the right side of the material is out) sew two squares together with an "X". I don't use any batting in between.....I thought this made it too bulky...since I using flannel. Below is a closer picture of the sewn squares. Once I get it a bit further along, I'll take another picture.
Well, I'm going to get back to my sewing!!
Until next time, find some time for stamping!!

Blessings.........Cindy

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin