Friday, January 8, 2010

GET WELL...CLUB CARD FOR MONDAY

Hey Stampers! Thanks for popping in. We've only got this weekend until the kids go back to school on Monday :-( Even though I am ready to get back into a routine it has been fun having them around.

Our trip to San Francisco was fun. We had big plans to go and walk across the Golden Gate Bridge and some other stuff, but it just didn't work out.....we got stuck in traffic and some other setbacks that just ate the time away. But it was still a blast! The King Tut exhibit was great.....although it was extremely CROWDED! It's fun seeing artifacts in real life that you've seen in books! We weren't allowed to take any pictures of the exhibit...but here we are outside it......
The weather almost couldn't get any better. A part of the museum had an observation deck....so we went up there.....here was the spectacular view.....you can barely see the top of the Golden Gate in the center.
With parking being so limited, not to mention expensive....we took the BART train. BART is short for Bay Area Rapid Transit.....here is a cool picture that Madison took of the turnstiles.
Here's a couple of pictures of the kids......they LOVED riding BART about as much, or even more, as going to see King Tut's stuff. Ladies first, then the gentlemen......
OK.......On to stamping stuff......Right off the bat let me say.....I'm AWFUL at coming up with masculine cards! Each time I begin to design a card for a guy, I realize that I really don't have any stamps for men....and I never think to order any.....mostly because I usually buy just what I like :-) How selfish of me. Anyways......since I don't have any "guy" stamps, the Big Shot once again came to the rescue! Not super masculine, but here's what I came up with.......
Pretty basic.....not much stamping. I don't have a picture of the inside.....but what I did was stamp the Medallion with VersaMark in the middle of the entire card's base and then put the words from the Thoughts and Prayers stamp set inked up with Chocolate Chip centered on the right side of the card. The colors are Chocolate Chip, Bashful Blue and Not Quite Navy....the medallion is stamped with VersaMark.

Well....It's late and I still need to come up with a fem get well card.....this one should be a tad easier. I'm going to go surfing on SCS and see what I can find :-)

Until next time, find some time for stamping.
Blessings to you.............Cindy

1 comment:

Lesley said...

fantastic photo's glad you all had a great time in San Fransisco - I remember when the Tutankarmum exhibition came to London when I was a teenager sadly I didn't do - I bet the exhibition was awesome - Lesley x

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin