Wednesday, November 18, 2009

SNOWMAN BOX

Hey Stampers! Hope you're having a super week.....I am having a much slower week than I had last week. Boy my "chores" were beginning to pile up big time. Today after I got most of my chores caught up and/or done (although a woman's work is never REALLY done), I had a hankerin' for some stamping fun.

For a long time now, I have wanted to make a Top Note character of some kind. I have seen tons of pictures of what others have done.....so I went online and looked at a bunch and then combined a couple of those ideas and made this.....Isn't he cute??!!
His cheeks are Real Red.....I think they look a bit orange in the photos. His nose is Only Orange and the rest of him is Basic Black and Whisper White. I sponged around his face and eyes with Pacific Point (I think....I just grabbed a sponge with blue on it). Everything except his brim and nose where either punched or cut out with the Big Shot.

The box was VERY SIMPLE!!! I adapted one from Splitcoast.... Anyway....with mine.....start with a 5x8 sheet of White cardstock. Score along the long side at 1" on both sides. Turn and score the short side at 3-1/2" and 4-1/2". Clip the 3-1/2" and 4-1/2" score lines to the 1" score marks (4 cuts total). Here is what your box should look like before you glue it.....
Then, using strong adhesive like Sticky Tape, just put your box together. Once your box is done.....just stick your snowman on the front.

Here is a side view of him after I stuck him to the box.....I'm not sure if I need to mount another Top Note on the backside. What do you think??
He was a lot of fun to make!!! Hope you like him..... I'm sure SOMEBODY has done this box and snowman before, but I'm not sure who......I must confess......all my best ideas are adapted or copied from someone else :-)

Until next time,
Blessings..........Cindy

2 comments:

Lisa Atha said...

Cindy,

This is too cute!

Please forgive me for my absense, I have been so busy that I haven't had time to do my usual blog browsing.

Hugs,

Lisa Atha

craftysahmiam said...
This comment has been removed by the author.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin