Friday, November 6, 2009

CHRISTMAS QUILT CARD

Happy Friday!! Hope you are all looking forward to your weekend.

We have had a rough week at our home.....Andy and I have both been sick with the flu pretty much all week, although we are on the mend now. I HATE being sick!!! What makes it worse is that Steve had vacation all this week!!! Poor guy has been having to do everything since I've been down sick.....he hasn't complained, but I feel like it totally wrecked his vacation :-( He's GREAT!!! I will have to work at making it up to him!!

My stamp club meets this coming Monday and since I was feeling ok yesterday, I did get a chance to experiment. I made another quilt card....this time for Christmas......I'm on a quilting kick. I think we will do this card for Monday....
I used Merry Moments DSP for my quilt.....punched with the 1-3/8" square punch. The card's base is Real Red, layered with Old Olive. The scallop square and the embossed square were cut with my nestabilities. The snowflake and small tree are from the SU! Merry Details Sizzlits die that is in the Holiday Mini. The Mistletoe ribbon is also from the Holiday Mini. And I need to add that this card couldn't have been made without my wonderful BIG SHOT!!!

I am also working on making an origami wreath on Monday. I saw one that my friend Karen made and it's pretty cool!!! They will make great tree decorations or you can put them on a gift. I made one out of scraps that turned out pretty good.......but I will wait and show you one after I make it out of Christmas paper. Sorry!

Until next time,
Blessings........Cindy

1 comment:

Lisa Atha said...

Cindy,

Another cute Quilt card! Love this one even more than the last one!

Hugs,

Lisa Atha

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin