Friday, November 20, 2009

ELVES SHOES

Well.....I couldn't resist posting this card. I had lots of fun making it. My card's inspiration came from Marie....her blog is Stamping Inspiration....I just recently stumbled upon her blog and have really enjoyed looking through all her creations. I am going to be adding her to my Blog List.....it's going to be a great resource for ideas!!!

My card is a bit different from Marie's original. I didn't take the time to cut small strips for the socks.....I just cut a strip of striped DSP. I drew in laces with a white gel pen....but I think I like her buckles better. I also added a skirt and the shoe pompoms are bigger.
I cut her shoes using the Top Note die....just use about a 1-1/2" or 2" strip on the long side of the Top Note.....after it's cut then fold in half. While folded punch out the shoe's tops. The leg holdes are punched with the 3/4" circle punch and then the top of the shoes are punched with the 1-3/8" punch. Be sure to punch these while the top note is folded so that they match.....Also, be sure to punch the leg holes pretty close together to the folded edge. Then sponge all around the shoes.....being sure to sponge the fold. The pompoms are punched with the big flower from the Boho Blossom punch. Her skirt is make out of a 3-3/4 x3" piece of Real Red cardstock....then the angled sides were cut by placing the edge of the cardstock on the trimmer's cut line and then other end on the 1/2" mark. Then I took a 4x3/4" piece of Whisper White cardstock and punch it with the Scallop Edge...Then I adhered the white onto the red and trimmed the white to match the red. Finally, the socks were made using a 2-1/2x3/4" strip of striped DSP, you might have to cut down the legs depending on how they fit. That's it......easy peasy!!

I think I will try making another one.....a boy elf next time......I will be sure to post him as soon as I make him.

Better run.....Until next time,
Blessings to you.........Cindy

1 comment:

Lisa Atha said...

Cindy,

Oh my Goodness! This is the cutest card ever! It gave me a giggle it is so cute!

Hugs,

Lisa Atha

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin