Tuesday, September 22, 2009

FIRST DAY OF AUTUMN

Today is the first day of Autumn! Wow!!! Doesn't quite seem possible....especially when its 100 degrees outside! But I'm ready for a change of season....I'm a bit weary of the heat and ready for cooler days....although I might have to wait a bit for them to come around.

Well in honor of the first day of Autumn, I'm going to post an autumn card that I made the other day while playing around with my punches. I remember seeing a pumpkin like this made with punches (I can't remember where).....so I thought I would give it a try.
The card's base is a half sheet of More Mustard topped with a piece of Whisper white stamped with the Baroque Motifs stamp set in Old Olive. I ran a strip of 1/4" Old Olive grosgrain ribbon across the top....the sentiment is from the Holiday Best Level 1 Hostess set.....it is colored with More Mustard and Old Olive on Whisper White and put on a piece of More Mustard that was punched with the Curly Label punch....they were then mounted with a dimensional.

The pumpkin is made from punching 3 large ovals and sponged with Pumpkin Pie ink. The stem is a small piece of Chocolate Chip and the leaves are from the SU Little Leaves Sizzlit die which I ran through the Big Shot. I put a dimensional under the middle oval on the pumpkin to give it some depth. That's it! Viola!!!

I just LOVE playing around and stamping just for fun!!! I can do it all day....although I think my family would have something to say about that :-D

Until next time, find some time for stamping!!!
Blessings.....Cindy

1 comment:

Lisa Atha said...

Cindy,

This is too cute. I love fall cards, the punched pumpkin is an awesome touch.

Lisa Atha

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin