Thursday, July 2, 2009

SPLITCOAST'S WEEKLY SKETCH CHALLENGE-235

Hi!! This week is once again flying by!!I can hardly believe that it is July and Thursday....what happened to Monday through Wednesday??!!! Awwww! Summer is going to be gone before I've had all the fun I want to have! I better get with it!!

Today, I made the following card for this week's Wednesday Sketch Challenge (you can see the sketch by clicking here) on Splitcoast. Following sketches and/or color combinations are great ways to get the creative juices flowing. Sometimes the hardest part of stamping is knowing what to do. I have only recently begun participating in Splitcoast challenges and other blog challenges.....and I have found that I REALLY like having some, if not most, of the brain work done for me! They are definitely springboards to go from....some of my better work has been from participating in these challenges.

Anyway....enough about that....now the card. The card's base is a 5x5 piece of textured (one of new favorites) Real Red cardstock. Then I just stamped the images on scraps of Whisper White and punched them out using the 1-1/4" circle punch. Then I punched out Black cardstock using the 1-3/8" circle punch. I then measured and found the center of my card, placed my middle circle and then just eyeballed where the others should go.....easy schmeasy!!! (is that a word :-D)
I might add that I made this card at 5:00 this morning!! My husband was leaving real early this morning and accidentally locked himself out of the house (don't ask :-D). He had to call me to open the door.....anyway....after that I couldn't get back to sleep. I'm sure I'll crash tonight!

Until next time....Find some time for stamping!!!
Blessings, Cindy

Card Ingredients:
Stamps: Darling Dots (I'm in mourning over it's retirement!)
Paper: Textured (love it!) Real Red, Black, Whisper White
Ink: Real Red, Old Olive, Lovely Lilac, Summer Sun, Black
Accessories: 1-1/4" and 1-3/8" circle punches

1 comment:

Lisa Atha said...

Hey Cindy,

What a bright and cheerful card, very cute. I used this card sketch today too over on my blog. Too funny, great minds think alike.

Lisa Atha

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin