Thursday, September 9, 2010

GETTING READY FOR CLUB ~ SPOOKY!!!

Hi Stampers!

It seems like just yesterday that I posted, but alas, it's been a WEEK! I think things are beginning to settle down around here....although Steve has been working like crazy trying to clear a space for his new garage that should be being built in about a month or so. Here he is whackin' away our shrubs that line the front part of our property....
It looks pretty bare now.....I'm so use to seeing the shrubs and the tree......and not the ugly propane tank....it was hidden behind some shrubs. Apparently it is also slated to be moved.
I never considered myself a "tree hugger", but I did get a bit sad when he had to chop down one of our trees :-( But he told me it would be hard to park the cars in the new garage if that tree was right in the middle of it....so here is all that is left......poor ol' stumpy!
Now really!!! Who doesn't LOVE a workin' man??!!.....I know that I do!!!
OK, well enough drooling over rugged workin' men.....let's get down to some stampin'!! :-)

This coming Monday is my monthly stamp club.....and since October is right around the corner, I thought I would make a Halloween card. I recently bought the Greeting Card Kids stamp set....which I must say is ABSOLUTELY ADORABLE!!!!.....and had to use it because I LOVE it so much. The kids are so cute!!! So, here is the card that we will be making this coming Monday....
Isn't she adorable?!
I started with a Tangerine Tango base and layered that with a piece of Certainly Celery DSP and Elegant Eggplant card stock that I embossed with the Big Shot using the Perfect Polka Dot embossing folder. I watercolored her by using my Aqua Painter and reinkers, but I also used markers for the small areas....and a Blush Blossom marker for her skin.
I also used the stamp set Wicked Cool for the spider web and the "Spooky".....this is another set that I can't wait to use again!!! It's very cute!!!

I finished it off by using 5/8" Black satin ribbon and the new Dotted Scallop Ribbon border punch to add a layer at the bottom of the card....which I apologize didn't photograph very well.

Tomorrow I will share a card that I totally cased from Mary Fish :-) It will be the other card that we will make on Monday.....it is a Big Shot creation!

Until next time, find some

time for stamping!!

Blessings......Cindy

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin